Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

   From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com>
   Date: 18 May 2000 17:01:31 -0400

   It is not a "basic" driver for PCL printers, it is designed to print
   perfecly beautiful pages on pretty much every PCL printer in
   existance.

But will it print really high quality 6-color images from compatible
printers?

(That's a loaded question because our PCL driver won't, either, since
we haven't been able to get the specs from HP.  Ours will, however,
use variable dot size on printers with that capability.  Our Epson
driver will print to 6 color, variable dot size printers and take full
advantage of that ability.)

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net