Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

I think that there might be a fairly quick and dirty way of working
around this problem.

1) We modify libppd to handle PPD files that specify hex encodings of
binary strings. These encodings will be pretty much limited to the
beginning and the end of the documents.

2) We create a new little program like pstops or ppdfilt which does
the necessary binary file munging.

It wouldn't work in every situation but we could improve on it over
time by providing context clue kind of things for finding the
appropriate places to insert control codes within the binary stream of
data.

-ben