Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Maybe.  but my concern was that PPD files were not designed for
> non-Postscript printers.
>
> And they do not contain user defaults (granted, these can be taken
> somewhere else if needed)

Well, they *do* contain default option values (a required part of
the spec); these are usually updated by the system administrator
(or user) when the printer is installed on the system.

Whether these correspond to what the user wants by default is
another matter, however IMHO keeping track of default options should
be up to the printing system and not the app (FWIW, CUPS does provide
an interface for this... :)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com