Re: [Gnome-print] Re: RFC: A draft proposal ...

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Chema Celorio wrote:

> I know you can do this, my point was :
> "I don't see how Postcript is an advantage regarding this issue"
> meaning :why is postcritp BETTER for this v.s. gnome-print ?

How would you do special fill-effects with gnome-print/gnome-print-meta?
Gradients! (maybe we can live without fractal fills, desaturation etc.,
but gradients are and will be needed)

At moment the only possibility is using bitmap and clipping path - this is
horribly inefficent in bonobo - app has to create bitmap for the maximum
resolution reasonable (imagesetter) - although metafile will probably only
displayed on screen.

PS would solve THIS problem. Any other scripe language would solve as
well.

Lauris