Re: [Gnome-print] Universal binary file format

> - I personally do not like the format of meta buffer - it is too
> binary-only. If something in the file is screwed up (example: new version
> of metafile is used with older replay software) things will end with error
> message without any reasonable way to repair anything.
>
> Example: I tried to use metafile for temporary rendering - but
> unfortunately it refuses to render before buffer is closed. Marking buffer
> length without closing ended with 'serious metafile corruption' error.

We can expand the API to include whatever is needed to avoid this
problem.  This is basically a safety net that I added because there is
a pointer to the end of the document that I only update at showpage
time.

If we update this pointer on every operation, then the warning will go
away.  I was only optimizing-ahead of time.  But it is perfectly fine
to fix this.

I do not think there is enough need for redoing the file format, as
the annoying problem is easy to fix.

Miguel.