Re: [gpm] gpm and suspend2?

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 18:42 -0400, Ian Campbell wrote:
> 	I read through the docs and the mailing list archives and wasn't able
> to find anything definitive one way or the other. Is it possible to get
> gnome-power-manager working with suspend2? The only thing I found on the
> subject was something about /sys/power/state.

g-p-m calls Hibernate() and Suspend() on HAL.

HAL then executes the scripts hal-system-power-hibernate and
hal-system-power-suspend (which you can find on your system).

The rules to what suspend system (swsup or suspend2 or kernel) can be
found in these shell scripts.

You might find you need to edit these files if you run fedora or suse.

> 	Also, is it possible to get it working with gnome-screensaver, or is
> that a work in progress?

CVS g-p-m works *very* closely with g-s, but the versions in my repo
seems to work well too.

What problems you having?

Thanks, Richard.