Re: [gpm] Untangling the sleep hotkey mess

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 12:58:44PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Can we not go further and define Dock/UnDock,
> BrightnessUp/BrightnessDown, Hibernate, etc?

BrightnessUp/BrightnessDown have keycodes defined in
/usr/src/linux/input.h, so that shouldn't be a problem. I suggested a
keycode for hibernate (KEY_SUSPEND, with suspend to RAM on KEY_SLEEP).
I'm less convinced about Dock/Undock - that's a problem that's so far
from being solved I've no idea what sort of things userspace wants to
know :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org