Re: [gpm] Untangling the sleep hotkey mess
- From: Matthew Garrett <mjg59 srcf ucam org>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: linux-acpi vger kernel org, desktop_portables lists osdl org, hal lists freedesktop org, gnome-power-manager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gpm] Untangling the sleep hotkey mess
- Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:47:44 +0000
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 12:58:44PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Can we not go further and define Dock/UnDock,
> BrightnessUp/BrightnessDown, Hibernate, etc?
BrightnessUp/BrightnessDown have keycodes defined in
/usr/src/linux/input.h, so that shouldn't be a problem. I suggested a
keycode for hibernate (KEY_SUSPEND, with suspend to RAM on KEY_SLEEP).
I'm less convinced about Dock/Undock - that's a problem that's so far
from being solved I've no idea what sort of things userspace wants to
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org
] [Thread Prev