Re: [gpm] battery life plots

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 16:51 +0100, Albert Vilella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone considered making battery life statistics/plots with gpm?
>
> The idea would be for gpm to gather information about the battery life
> for each "uptime" the computer runs on battery at given periodic time
> frames, or when the screensaver/lidclose kick in, etc.
>
> I imagine this information being used, somehow, to know:
>
> -- how healthy is a given battery (if it discharges rapidly after some
> time rather than linearly)
> -- how good was the battery life a year ago comparing the stats/plots
>
> Any thoughts?

Why a graph? This stuff is going to change *very* slowly over many
months. I'm not sure if you're aware of the newest stuff
(http://www.hughsie.com/applications/Coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=9)
where you can see your battery percentage capability listed as "poor,
fair, good, very good" etc.

Also we don't currently store state between reboots (which is sane in my
opinion, as we already start diluting the data after a couple of hours)
else we have to handle with a large amount of data.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,