Re: gpilot sync works with local contacts, but not with LDAP contacts (Evolution 2.6.1)

--- Michael Jastram <micky alum mit edu> wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I am stuck and wondering wether anybody can at least give me pointer for
> troubleshooting.  I am using Evolution 2.6.1 (Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper) with a
> Tungsten T and an openldap directory for addresses.  The LDAP directory
> works fine.  Syncing the Tungsten works fine, but only if I sync against
> the local address book.  As soon as I pick the LDAP directory (by
> changing the EAddress conduit), the sync hangs during the address book sync.
>
> I tried to change the openldap settings - including setting it to
> writable for anynomous.  I tried to sync only in one direction.  Nothing
> worked - the system always hangs during the "EAddress" sync.

Can you run gpilotd in a command window (/usr/libexec/gpilotd or /usr/lib/gpilotd - might have to
kill an existing gpilotd process)? If you send the list the output from this, we'll have more
information to figure out what might be wrong.

Also, what version of pilot-link and gnome-pilot are you using? What distribution?

> Also, never is an address changed - neither on the Tungsten, nor in the
> LDAP directory.  On the openldap, I see no trace of attempted
> evolution/gpilotd communication in the logs.

gpilotd and evolution don't write to any logs, so far as I know.

One other question: do you need to authenticate with the LDAP server? Some code was added not too
long ago to deal with authentication - maybe the new code doesn't work?

You might also want to send an e-mail to evolution gnome org (the users evolution list). The
EAddress conduit is actually maintained by the evolution team, not gnome-pilot.

Nathan