Re: Syncing one Palm to 2 Desktops

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 13:15 +0000, Rob Horton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying sync one Palm (a Treo 600) to two different desktops
> (one at home, one at work). In both cases I'm trying to get the
> Contacts, Calendar and todo list synchronised into Evolution, so
> I should end up with all three holding the same information.
>
> I've got the home one working properly but when I try at work only
> the Contacts get synchronised. Interestingly the Calendar and
> todo list appear in the log on the Palm but nothing seems to get
> copied across.
>
> Should this arrangement work in principle?

Yes, although when you are syncing with multiple machines you are prone
to get duplicate entries.  This generally happens when you modify a
record in two places between syncs.

Things to check:

Verify the conduit settings for each conduit.  Are they the same at home
and at work?

What versions of the software do you have at home and at work?  Are they
the same?  Sometimes distributions ship packages with some of the
conduits disabled, in an attempt to bypass bugs.

Try starting gpilotd in a terminal window, so that you can see the error
messages.  It may give you some idea as to whether the calendar/todo
conduits are running or not.  (you should kill any running gpilotd
process first: 'killall gpilotd; /usr/libexec/gpilotd' should work).

Matt

Matt Davey		Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk