[Fwd: URGENT : Palm and PalmSource disagreement consequences]
- From: Yu-Hui Liu <Calvin Liu Sun COM>
- To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
- Subject: [Fwd: URGENT : Palm and PalmSource disagreement consequences]
- Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:48:36 -0000
Well, any comments about this news? How many years do you think the Palm
devices can survive?
--- Begin Message ---
- From: Alex <outibia yahoo fr>
- To: Palm Developer Forum <palm-dev-forum news palmos com>
- Subject: URGENT : Palm and PalmSource disagreement consequences
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:09:50 +0000
Few minutes ago I've read these recent articles
about problems between Palm and PalmSource
Palm's License to use Palm OS Expires in December
Palm Platform in Doubt
No more Palm OS-based Palms come December?
How to interpret these events? Will Palm OS disappear? Will ALP be as successfull as Palm OS was? Does Access's strategy really focuses on Palm OS or is it just a "try" between other things to do? But the most imporant are the consequences for developers. As a developer I have projects I'm currently working on for Garnet, I don't know if it makes sense to continue developping for it. Stay or move to another platform or wait and hope ALP will do as good as the good old Palm OS and run my Garnet apps.
Please share your opinions, I think that Palm is reaching an important point in its life and this is THE place where we could talk about it the best.
Thank you in advance.
For information on using the PalmSource Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/forums/
--- End Message ---
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next