Re: Patch to improve usability of applet's Progress Dialog

> On a different topic: does anyone know why the Cancel button doesn't work=
>  during sync? Should we
> try to enable it? PalmOS can cancel HotSync, and we should be able to as =
> well (palm's official
> HotSync app can).

I've never particularly missed this functionality.  I guess that's because
when you are syncing you are physically using the palm device, so it's
natural to cancel it from there.  I'm not sure what happens in the corba
layer when the 'cancel' button is pressed - it seems to remove the corba
request but I can't see what that achieves....  To handle it properly you'd
probably have to add a cancel method to the conduit api, which would be
a fair bit of work.  Work that should probably be done on the bonobo-daemon
branch which is the official Way Forward...

> Another thing I'd like to try with the window is to leave it up at the en=
> d and allow the user to
> dismiss it manually (or at least give them the option to leave it up at t=
> he end).

I wouldn't favour leaving it open by default.  It would be better if
we could detect an error status and have a final success/error status message,
and leave the window open by default if there was a final error.  We could
also add (say) a checkbox to enable it to stay open regardless of the status,
as you suggest.

Matt