Re: no sync with my m105: error while receiving pilot's user data

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 00:14 +0200, Stefan Wanja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to sync data from my palm m105 using gnome-pilot (gpilotd).
> I couldn't use the config-applet because it always failed at the point
> where you have to press the hotsync button for the first time. I managed
> to create the nessesary config files so gpilotd knows, what to listen to
> when I start it manually to see some output on the console.
> That is how I start the daemon:/usr/libexec/gpilotd
> --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon --oad-ior-fd=37
> --gtk-debug=all
> and thats what happens:
> gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.13 starting...
> gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.0-pre2

Oops - that version of pilot-link shouldn't be used (fedora used a
deprecated pre-release version of pilot-link against the express wishes
of the pilot-link team, unfortunately).  There are some errata packages
around - try updating.  Take a look at this post from August for more
info:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2005-
August/msg00014.html

Hope this helps,

Matt

Matt Davey		Biology is the only science in which multiplication
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	means the same thing as division.