usb-serial adapter

Hello,

I am using gnome-pilot 2.0.10 with my Palm Vx, with a usb-serial
adapter. I have configured udev to create a /dev/pilot device whenever
the adapter is plugged in (and the device is removed when I unplug the
adapter). If I start gpilotd after the adapter is plugged in then
everything works fine. If I unplug the adapter, then the gnome-pilot
applet reports an error, and I have to restart both the applet and
gpilotd.

It doesn't make a difference if I pause the daemon before unplugging my
usb-serial adapter.

--
luc wastiaux
cell: 1 551-208-2176