Re: New-style calendar db

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 13:56 +0200, Jonatan Åkerlind wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 07:35 -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > > The lack of this support makes my T5 pretty much useless.
> >
> > 	Not at all, just don't use the extended fields and you'll be
> > fine. There are literally thousands of T5 users happily syncronizing
> > their devices to Linux, including with Evolution and J-Pilot and
> > Kpilot, without any issues. They just don't use the extended fields in
> > their Calendar application right now.
> >
> > 	The same goes for the new Contacts (used to be AddressBook)
> > and Tasks (used to be ToDos) and Memos (still called Memos, but
> > without the 4k limit on editable memo size).
> >

> How is this done? I own a T5 but when I synchronize with gnome-pilot
> (and Evolution) there's no data showing up in evo calendar. Do I have to
> use a third party calendar program that uses the old database style (and
> name) or can I somehow change a setting in the included calendar program
> in the T5 to use the old database name?

I've tried entering some data in my Calendar both in my palm and in evo,
but the data doesn't get synchronized. The tasks work just fine and I
haven't tried the addressbook yet (afraid of having a hard time sorting
double copies out). Do I have to delete all events in the calendar with
extended fields to even get one field synchronized? And by the way,
which fields are the extended ones? (I assume the location field is one
of them, because it didn't exist on my good old m100).

Many questions...
--
Jonatan Åkerlind