Re: Kyocera 7135 works intermittently

> Some time ago I posted about my Kyocera 7135 working intermittently.
> Most of the time the phone times out before syncing most of the
> time. I've not been able to associate the problem with anything else
> going on with the computer.

	I had some interesting experiences debugging a Samsung
SPH-i500 for a community member several months back. Your issues may
be similar. I could not get the device to syncronize consistently
until I turned off the phone component of the unit. When the phone
portion of the device was in the "On" state, syncronization was very
unpredictable and intermittent.

	Try that and see if it doesn't change your results, maybe this
is similar.

	I'd also check to see that you're pointing to the right device
node. Sometimes if the device crashes or doesn't disconnect in time,
and you try to re-sync, you'll increment the device node by one, so
what was USB1 is now USB2, and so on.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com