Can't connect to serial port.

After a bunch of fighting to get gnome pilot to work with my Kyocera 7135 I got it to work intermittently. During this fight someone suggested that I try using the serial port. I didn't think my cradle had a serial connection until I was in back of the computer for another reason.

I decided to try serial.

I launched the configuration program (gpilot-control-applet) and when I try to change it to serial I get an error dialog saying

Read/Write permissions failed on
Cradle (/dev/pilot)
Check the permissions on the device and retry

/dev/pilot doesn't exist.

--
Mark Healey
marklist healeyonline com