Re: Unable to connect to Treo 600

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 07:44, Peter Sketch wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to get a laptop running JDS (which is SuSE 8.1), with an
> updated kernel (2.4.30) to connect to a Treo 600.
[...]
> So, I uninstalled the shipping stuff and installed pilot-link .11.8
> and gnome-pilot-2.0.12 (following the great instructions at
> http://howto.pilot-link.org/).
[...]
> I then tried ./gpilotd --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon in
> a terminal and get the following ....
[startup messages for gpilotd]

> and it'll just sit there for ever - until I press cntrl-c when it'll
> break nice and cleanly.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas asto how I can fix this.  2.0.12 says it
> supports the treo and the config is in the devices.xml and its
> vendor/product id seems to be listed (and, is this the behaviour I
> would see if it didn't recognise the device?).  .  In general, how can
> I get more logging about what's going on - at the moment the h/w side
> seems to be fine (all the pilot-link utils seems to work fine), but
> gnome-pilot just doesn't do anything and I have no error messages or
> debug to go on - so I'm kinda stuck - there's nothing in log/messages
> other than connecting and then disconnecting the Visor device.

Does the file /proc/bus/usb/devices exist?
If not, you may need to recompile your kernel with usbfs enabled.

gpilotd watches this file, but I don't think it complains
if it doesn't exist.

See thread from April 18/19th 'Tungsten E can't sync'

Matt

Matt Davey      You will become one with the Universe next week, incurring
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	    the wrath of all the Universe's old boyfriends.