Re: Initial setup doesn't connect wtih FC3

> I added:
>
>   <!-- Kyocera -->
>   <!-- Kyocara 7135 -->
>   <decide vendor_id="0c88" product_id="0021" />
>
> to /user/share/gnome-pilot.devices.xml.

There's a typo there: 'decide' should be 'device'.  Not sure whether
the typo is in your config or just your posting, but worth
mentioning :)

> Here is some other information you might find useful, there
> might be some editor introduced wrapping:

That all looks okay to me.  Other things you could do to
get more info: start gpilotd in a terminal window before
running the applet or syncing: that way you'll see the
gpilotd progress messages.  Also, the output of
/var/log/messages should give some idea of the USB
activity.  There are pilot-link environment variables
you can set (before starting gpilotd) that increase the
debugging messages you'll see in the gpilotd window. I
don't rememeber offhand what they are, but you can probably
google for them on pilot-link.org.

Matt