Re: trouble restoring databases

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 15:55, Larry Siden wrote:

> After several attempts at this, I decided to restore from backups
> using pilot-xfer.  These all exist in a directory called ~/MyPilot.
> I'm guessing that the contents were placed there over time by the
> backup conduit.  So I ran pilot-xfer -r MyPilot.  Two things:
> pilot-xfer immediately complains that it can't open the directory
> MyPilot/0 (believe me, it's there, and I have permission to open it).

What exactly is the error message?

One thing to check: are there any sub-directories in MyPilot/0 ?
If so, move them out of the way.  I think pilot-xfer expects a
backup directory to have nothing in it except palm-readable files.

Matt

Matt Davey		Confucius say: To understand recursion, you must
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 		   first understand recursion.