Re: gnome-pilot-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 6

Le vendredi 12 août 2005 à 12:01 -0400, Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:22:13
+0200
> From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
> Subject: Re: gnome-pilot-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 6
> To: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
>
> [couic]
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have removed libgnome-pilot, gnome-pilot and gnome-pilot-conduits
> > version 2.0.13-1.mdk
> > I have installed libgnome-pilot and gnome-pilot version 2.0.12-3.mdk and
> > gnome-pilot-conduits version 2.0.12-1.mdk.
> > And I get the same behavior.
> > Therefore I ask again the question : how to tell gnome-pilot to search
> > the conduits in the /usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits folder ?
>
> You don't, it is supposed to detect that automatically.
>
> But let me guess, you are running an x86-64 system, right (you should
> ALWAYS say that when doing a bug report, since those systems are still
> adding more bugs than anything else, IMO) ? :)
>
> I think I know what the problem is (and you are probably the first one
> to discover it..), and it has only been fixed by JP Rosevear 2 days
> only :)
>
> Please try test packages from
> http://people.mandriva.com/~fcrozat/gnome-pilot-x8664/
>
> I have just build gnome-pilot, if it works for conduits, I'll correct
> gnome-pilot-conduits and evolution-pilot.

Hi,

First, I apologize for the mistake in the title. But I continue with it.

You say I am running a X86-64 system !!?? Where have I say that ?
It is a X86 system (ATHLON XP+ 2400).
Some more information :

I have modified the /usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/backup.conduit file
(changed the string <name value="Backup"/> to <name value="Backop"/>)
and the difference can be seen in the gnome-pilot window ; which means
that gnome-pilot finds and reads this file.

I have checked the route to the
file /usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libbackup_conduit.so.
The file libbackup_conduit.so and its folder have the r and x attributs
fixed for both the owner, the group and the other.

But, I still get the "Unable to instantiate Backup conduit." message.

Regards

--
Jean-Marie Delapierre <jean-marie delapierre 9online fr>