Netsync with gpilotd

Does anyone know how to get gpilotd to listen for a network sync?

I'm trying to sync from a pc with a serial attached cradle to another that's running gpilotd over a local network.

All of the things on the pc with the palm attached seem to be working fine.  I've configured the palm with the netsync info of the pc I want to sync to.

I can run pi-nredir, hit the hotsync button and see that it tries to connect to the correct IP of the pc with gpilotd.

I sniffed the traffic and saw that pi-nredir is trying to open a tcp connection on port 14238 on the target pc.  However, gpilotd (or anything else for that matter) doesn't seem to be listening on that port....and no firewalls are enabled on either of the PCs.

Anyone have any ideas?