Re: gnome-pilot and Zire

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 01:22, Joshua Cavanaugh wrote:
> I am trying to use gnome pilot with my zire 31. Does anybody know how to get
> this working. I am able to get an older Handspring visor to work through
> USB; however, I can't get the Zire to work. KPilot will actually see the
> Zire 31 when I run "modprobe visor vendor=0x0830 product=0x0061".
> Gnome-pilot does not work.

This counts as an FAQ.  Try searching the archive for Zire...

The Zire 31 is supported in gnome-pilot 2.0.12, which was released over
a month ago.  You don't say, but I assume you're running version
2.0.10.  I don't know which distributions have 2.0.12 packages available
at this time.  Alternatively you could try the quick and dirty fix to
your existing version:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2004-July/msg00018.html

Matt

Matt Davey The journey of a thousand miles begins with
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.