control timeout on ep0in

After upgrading to kernel 2.6 (right now 2.6.9, I went through several sub versions with this) the palm no longer syncs. The syslog has the error "control timeout on ep0in"

I get no hits from the archives. Google has a wide variety of hits, all seem to be related to kernel 2.6. None seem to have a solution.

Has anybody encountered this?

As an aside, I've been trying to use the Infrared as a work-around. I'm stumped trying to configure the FIR adapter. Searching for how-tos has resulted in a lot of out of date information, or information that assumes I know the basics about setting up an IR stack. Can somebody recommend a good, up to date, and "for the dumba" IR How-To?

Thanks in advance for both!

Tom Lamm

On 11/26/04 20:46:34, Phillip Cosmo Manning wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 13:26 +0100, Peter Zechmeister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did anybody succeeded in syncing Clie PEG-S300/E (exactly this one) with
> Gnome-Pilot?
>
> With jpilot I succeeded, but I want it with Ximian Evolution. Neither
> Multisync nor G-Pilot works.
>
> I.e. I get this:
>
> peter clinteastwood:~$ gpilotd
> gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
> gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
> gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
> gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
> gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
> gpilotd-Message: Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB0) wird betrachtet
>
> when I start sync on the clie, this happens:
>
> gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200
> (gnome_segv:3729): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
> peter clinteastwood:~$
>
> Its the same error message as in Multisync.
>
> Platform: Debian-testing
>
> Best Regards
> PeterZ

I have the same model of Clie, which happens to be serial are you using
serial or USB?
--
Phillip Cosmo Manning <bonsaikitty cox-internet com>