syncing first time with zire 31 on FC2

Hello,

Until a couple of weeks I was a happy user of gpilot and evolution, syncing it with
my palm Zire 31.

note: I did have to run gpilot as follows for the thing to work:

/usr/bin/gpilotd-control-applet --id=1

Anyway, FC2 was installed on my machine. I tried to sync again
but I couldn't get gpilot to detect my palm. The funny thing is that
pilot-xfer and kpilot work flawlessly but gpilot doesn't. I went through
the setup steps but the final step (have you used sync software before? Yes
-> press hotsync) doesn't detect anything.

What can I do to make this work again?

thx

M.

Rent your DVDs on-line from now on. http://dvd.msn.be/