Re: Gnome Pilot 2.0.11 & Gnome Pilot Conduits 2.0.11

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:28:58 -0400, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com> wrote:
> Gnome Pilot 2.0.11 (Recompile no more) has been released:
>
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-pilot/2.0/gnome-pilot-
> 2.0.11.tar.gz
>
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-pilot-conduits/2.0/gnome-
> pilot-conduits-2.0.11.tar.gz

This is great, but I've installed the program and conduits (and made
sure that gpilotd was restarted) and for some reason I can't get my
Tungsten E to sync with it.

I get the "setting PILOTRATE=115200" when I press the hotsync button,
but that's it. When I finally cancel the sync, I'll get messages about
a timeout occuring. Currently, my timeout is set to 5 sec. I've tried
8 sec. as well, but no luck. I've also tried a lower PILOTRATE. With
this same setup, I have no problem using a modified 2.0.10 so long as
usbfs is mounted.

The devices file is at least being read - I see the printout of all the
devices in that file when I run gpilotd.

I'll take a look at the code when I have a chance, but I don't know
how soon that'll be. Is anyone else having problems with syncing?
Can anyone else sync with a Tungsten E?

Nathan Owens