Re: FAQ? Palm i705 and Linux

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 11:45, Peter L. Berghold wrote:
> I just know I have seen discussion about this somewhere, but has anyone
> out there any experience/guidelines for working a Palm i705 with Linux
> and gnome-pilot?
>
> I was handed one for evaluation by the head of our messaging group (who
> has a stack of them) and so far I can't even get it seen on USB.

Some starting steps (assuming linux):

1. Attach to your system and hit the hotsync button.  Look at
/var/log/messages to see if the device is recognized (i think you need
kernel 2.4.18 for that device at minimum).
2. If it is recognized as per 1 check to see what /proc/bus/usb/devices
contains when you hit the hot sync button

What version of pilot-link/gnome-pilot are you using?

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.