Re: Problems installing latest gnome-pilot

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 13:37, JJ Quinlivan wrote:
top
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 23:11, JJ Quinlivan wrote:
> > I'm having problems installing the latest gnome-pilot (v 2.0.3)  I
> > downloaded the tar and tried to compile it.  I recently installed the
> > Mandrake 9.1 (final release).  I'm pretty new to linux but I have it
> > working very well on my notebook EXCEPT for syncing my Handspring Treo
> > 270 to Ximian Evolution.
> >
> > I have read through many of the posts to the gnome-pilot-list and I
> > understand that to get my Treo working I need to install the latest
> > version.  My first problem was of course the pisock, which I was able to
> > fix, but now I get the following errors in my config.log:
> >
> > configure:9236: found /usr/bin/pkg-config
> > configure:9249: result: /usr/bin/pkg-config
> > configure:9276: checking for
> >         libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         ORBit-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         bonobo-activation-2.0 >= 1.0.3
> >         libpanelapplet-2.0 >= 2.0.6
> >         gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         gconf-2.0
> >
> > configure:9375: error: Library requirements (
> >         libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         ORBit-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         bonobo-activation-2.0 >= 1.0.3
> >         libpanelapplet-2.0 >= 2.0.6
> >         gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.0.0
> >         gconf-2.0
> > ) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
> > them.
> >
> > I have confirmed that all these packages are installed (from rpms on the
> > Mandrake CDs) including the pkgconfig rpm.  I've spend a consideralble
> > amount of time looking at the README, INSTALL files and learning about
> > compiling programs in Linux, but have found no answer.  What do I do to
> > get it installed correctly?
>
> Do you have the -devel versions of all the packages as well?
>
> -JP

OK, I installed the -devel version of the requirements.  gnome-pilot and
the pilot conduits compiled and installed perfectly.  Thanks for your
help.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work!  I uninstalled the rpms for the
old versions of gnome-pilot, gnome-pilot-conduits, gnome-pim-conduits,
libgnome-pilot, and evolution-pilot.  I then compiled and installed the
latest version of gnome-pilot and gnome-pilot-conduits.  Now when I try
to run gpilotd-control-applet it tells me it can't find the gpilot
daemon and when I run the gpilotd it quits saying that theres no pilot
configured

Please Help!

Thanks
JJ Quinlivan