Re: problem with gnome-pilot making duplicates of my records

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 19:34, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem where gnome-pilot / evolution-pilot makes duplicates of
> my addresses/appointments etc.  Each time I run I get a new copy.

Pretty sure it's Evolution's conduit doing that -- still haven't had
anyone explain that it's a feature, not a bug though :-)

> I am running redhat 8 with red-carpet installed
> gnome-pilot/evolution/pilot-link etc.
>
> $ rpm -qa | fgrep pilot
> pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1
> gnome-pilot-0.1.70-1.ximian.1
> evolution-pilot-1.2.2-1.ximian.1
> pilot-link-devel-0.11.5-4.ximian.1
> gnome-pilot-conduits-0.10-1.ximian.1
>
> Any pointers?   I am hesitant to post my log as it contains all my
> addresses/friends names etc :)

Someone suggested to use pilot-dedupe on your pilot and then copy into
the Evolution addressbook to fix it once. The only workaround I can
think of after that is to use one addressbook only and then do copies
instead of synchronization.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...