Re: Problem synching Handspring Treo 180g over USB

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 08:56, Thomas Maeder wrote:
> Am Sam, 2003-06-14 um 14.26 schrieb David A. Desrosiers:
> >

> > > gnome-pilot-0.1.71-0.ximian.1
> > > gnome-pilot-conduits-0.10-1.ximian.1
> >
> > 	Upgrade these to the 2.0.9 versions. They will support the Treo.
> >
> > > pilot-link-0.11.5-7.ximian.2
> >
> > 	Please upgrade this to 0.11.7, there were a few small bugs in
> > 0.11.5, and you always want to be running the latest release version anyway.
> > 0.11.7 was released in January, so someone should have made a package of it
> > by now.
> >
> > > evolution-pilot-1.2.4-0.ximian.1
> >
> > 	You might want to upgrade this also, Evolution 1.4.0 is out.
>
> Thanks!
>
> What I didn't tell in my message is that I am using SuSE 8.1.
>
> Does gnome-pilot 2.0.9 depend on Gnome 2 (if I am correctly informed,
> Evolution 1.4.0 does)? That would mean that I'd first have to upgrade to
> SuSE 8.2, since there's no Gnome 2 for 8.1 (again, if I am correctly
> informed).
>
> Is there a solution that doesn't force me to upgrade the distribution?

Sort of.  I have a backport of pilot-link 0.11.7 and a Treo-patched
version of gnome-pilot 0.1.71 available for Debian, for just the same
reason (not interested in GNOME 2 just yet for similar reasons).  It may
need a bit of work to get the Treo 180 recognized, but a lot less work
than with plain 0.1.71.

Also, evolution 1.0.5's conduits don't seem to work with this
gnome-pilot, not sure why (e-todo crashes gpilotd, e-address and
e-calendar don't do anything).

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/evolution/

Note: you'll need the source tarball and .diff.gz (let me know if you
need patching instructions); you can ignore the .dsc as it's specific to
Debian packaging.

If you're interested, that dir also has a gnome-pim with working
conduits (which required a pretty hefty patch!).

Zeen,
--
-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg