Strange problem with gpilot

Hi,
I tried setting up gpilot on my RH9 box today, and when the setup druid gets to the cradle config, I get an error popup that says:

"Failed sending request to gpilotd"

before I even get a chance to sync. If I run the program from the command line this is what I get:

Message: No pilot userid/username information located
Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
Message: No pilot cradle information located
Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
gpilotd-Message: Initing gnome vfs
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.71 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of devices is configured to 0

gpilotd-WARNING **: No accessible devices available

gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of pilots is configured to 0
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
Message: No pilot userid/username information located
Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
Message: No pilot cradle information located
Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
Message: No pilot userid/username information located
Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
Message: No pilot cradle information located
Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGTERM)...

gpilotd-WARNING **: gnome-pilot-client.gob:786: Caught exception: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Is there a better way to trace this and get more info from it? I'm somewhat familiar with CORBA, so my reading of this is that there is some ORB problem, but I could be way off. I'm using a serial cradle (/dev/ttyS0, 56000, delay 2). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek