DateBk5 Categories Support / Speed of Synch

Hi all,

I just got my RH9/NX70V Clie combination finally synching over USB with
Evolution 1.4.  It took some tweaking, but seems to be reasonably
working. I have even set up access to the Memory Stick for file transfer
which is great.

A couple of queries:

First, I noted that the current conduits (2.0.9) do not appear to
support the synching of event, contact and task categories used in
DateBk5, which is one of the more popular Palm OS Calendar/Contact
apps.

For the record and to be fair, under WinXP/Outlook, I need to use
PocketMirror, since the default synch program with the Clie,
Intellisynch, does not support this feature either.

Am I missing some configuration option in the conduits or is this
feature not supported?  If the latter, are there any plans to support
this feature and if so, is there a time-frame?

I presume that this can be done, since JPilot appears to synch these
using pilot-link and there is an option in the JPilot preferences to
enable/disable support for the DateBk Note Tags. This perhaps raises the
question as to whether or not this is a conduit issue, an Evolution
issue or both?

Second, the speed of synching, even when no changes have been made in
Evolution seems to be rather slow relative to what I am used to seeing
under WinXP.  I have the speed set to 115,200 in both the Clie and the
conduits.

Is the synch time a reflection of slower net USB speeds under RH 9 or is
there some feature in Outlook (ie. a changed record flag) that enables
the synching to be faster than with Evolution? If so, then again, this
may raise the question of this being a conduit and/or Evolution issue.

Any insights into both issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc