Backtrace who?

Okay, I give in.  Bug-buddy seems more than happy to generate me
backtraces for everything I have installed, even the ones with ample
question marks because I stripped the debugging symbols, _however_ it
still comes up completely empty when the panel-applet dies from
something to do with the realtime sync status window.  I've made a
couple of passes through the archives and didn't find anything specific
about how to get a backtrace out of the little monster.  Any idea what
I'm overlooking (URLs pointing to the archives are fine. *g*)?