patches messed up pilot sync

I have recently installed the recommended patches to RH 8.0 (using redcarpet), and which included some patches to OOO as well (using redcarpet). However, since the patches were installed, my pilot no longer syncs up. Here's what I am using:

pilot-link 0.11.7
gnome-pilot 2.0.9
gnome-pilot-conduits 2.0.9

What I'd like are suggestions to enable the sync to occur again through some suggested changes to configurations, or better yet, a stepwise diagnostic method to determine what's happening. I am a user of Linux, but not a developer. Any help is appreciated.

/dc