Re: Syncing a Tungsten T via USB using gpilotd works

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 15:44, Constantinos Antoniou wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 15:17, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 14:52, Peter Dieth wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >

> > > I am using a Palm Tungsten T (running PalmOS5.0) with
> > > RedHat8.0 (2.4.18-18), pilot-link-0.11.7, gnome-pilot-0.1.71-1
> > > and evolution 1.2.1. This configuration is not able
> > > to sync the Tungsten T using the USB craddle.
> > >
> > > I digged through the gnome-pilot sources, managed to
> > > patch the sources and now I am a happy syncer. :-)
> > >
> > > I have attached the file gpilotd.c which contains my
> > > (ugly) patch for the Tungsten T.
> > >
> > > The gory details:
> > >
> > > I am checking the output of /proc/bus/usb/devices against the unique
> > > USB product ID of the Tungsten T (Vendor=0830 ProdID=0060).
> > > If this string is found, we can set the necessary parameters/flags
> > > for syncing.
> >
> > Would you be able to submit this as a patch in unified diff format?
> >

> Does this mean that we can now sync these pdas that behave differently
> (incl. Treo 90) if we give the Vendor/ProdID?
>
> >From the dmesg when I (try to) sync my Treo 90, I get the following:
>
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3
> usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x82d/0x200) is not claimed by any active
> driver.
>

> So does this mean that if another entry is added with Vendor: 0x82d and
> ProdID: 0x200, the patch described above will work for other affected
> machines?

No, this is a different issue.  You still need the kernel to assign a
valid driver.  In the case of the Tungsten there is a valid driver,
gnome-pilot just didn't realize a Tungsten had attached to the usb bus.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.