Evo ToDo conduit gobbling memory.

Hi there,

I was wondering how many records is considered "a lot" in terms of palm
synchronization. My ToDo database includes 1300+ records, according to
my pilot's info section, and I can sync this just fine using Jpilot.
However, with evolution, I cannot sync my database, because in doing so,
the evolution process sucks up all my memory, swap, and then thrashes my
system until I am forced to reset the computer. I am running this on an
Athlon 1600 with 1 *GIG* of DDR memory + 512 MB of swap, and have
watched this memory consumption occur using top. I can reproduce this at
will as many times as I want.

My contacts list sync just fine (about 100 records) and my DateBook can
also be sync'ed (800 records), though it takes a long time (30 seconds)
to do (compared to 3-5 seconds with jpilot). My memory does not get
eaten up during this time, which makes me think the problem is isolated
in the ToDo conduit.

Is this a known issue? What else should I do to help debug this as an
end-user?

My platform: RedHat 9 w/ Ximian Evolution 1.4.4 and a Sony Clie S360
(Visor USB). I'm using the Ximian rpms for pilot-link (0.11.5-4) and
gnome-pilot (2.0.9-0) that are included in the evolution ftp directory.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Garman