Re: Syncing Problems with gp 2.0.10, pilot link 0.11.7 and Evolution 1.4 on MDK 9.1

> When Evolution fires up gpilotd and the control applet, I can start the
> sync process exactly once. During syncing, I get about 100 addresses
> copied to the PC, then it hangs a while and finally HotSync tells me on
> the PDA that the connection was lost. After this, the only way to
> reconnect is to kill the gpilotd with "-9" and restart it. Even if I only
> connect to get the Hotsync ID via the control applet, gpilotd hangs after
> a first connect.

Can you get a backtrace on the gpilotd process?

Try:
gdb /path/to/gpilotd process-id
where process-id is the process id of the gpilotd process.
Then, at the gdb prompt, execute 'bt', to see where the process
is hung.

Sounds quite possible that this is related to the memo-file conduit problem,
see my recent messages on that thread.  Nathan Owens mentioned that
the EAddress conduit uses some code that was implicated in the memo-file
problems.  If your process is hung in g_closure related code, that's
probably your problem.

Matt