Re: Problems installing latest gnome-pilot

I'm having this same problem, too. I know that the issue is that I'm
building it with the prefix=/usr, and parts of the build still think I
want /usr/local. I try to launch gnome-pilot-applet, and get the
response from the gnome panel:

The panel encountered a problem while loading
"OAFIID:GNOME_PilotApplet" Details: Failed to execute
/usr/local/libexec/gpilot-applet: 2 (No such file or directory)

Looking a little more into this, it looks like the @LIBEXECDIR@
location is being set to /usr/local/libexec, despite configure being
told that the prefix is /usr, so that when the GNOME_PilotApplet.server
file is created, it uses /usr/local/libexec/gpilot-applet instead of
/usr/libexec/gpilot-applet.

To fix this problem manually, change:
GNOME_PilotApplet.server, line 5:
-  /usr/local/libexec/gpilot-applet
+  /usr/libexec/gpilot-applet

GNOME_Pilot_Daemon.server, line 5:
-  /usr/local/libexec/gpilotd
+  /usr/libexec/gpilotd

Of course, I'm assuming you set the prefix to /usr. You just need to
make sure that the correct path to gpilot-applet and gpilotd are
located there. After you do this, kill all instances of the
bonobo-activation-server and try to re-load the applet. It worked for
me . :)

JP,

is there any reason why this might be happening? Do we need to specify
the libexec directory in configure? "make install" puts the files in
the right place based on my prefix, but the .server files aren't
altered the way they should be.

Nathan Owens

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 23:11, JJ Quinlivan wrote:

> OK, I installed the -devel version of the requirements.  gnome-pilot
> and the pilot conduits compiled and installed perfectly.  Thanks for
> your help.

> Unfortunately, I can't get it to work!  I uninstalled the rpms for
the
> old versions of gnome-pilot, gnome-pilot-conduits,
gnome-pim-conduits,