[Fwd: gnome-pilot site]

I sent this message last night from an address that isn't subscribed on
the list.  This one should get past the "bouncer".  ;)
--- Begin Message ---
JP, I know you have your hands full now, but I wanted to bring to your
attention that the gnome-pilot "home" link
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-pilot/ listed on
http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gnome-pilot/ is the same as
the FTP link, and in any case contains no link to the mail list home
page.  It took me a long time to find the mail list and realizing that
many other people are having trouble synching now because of glib.  I'm
still a newbie to open source development, so I may not always know
where to look right away, but I think I've seen one or two messages from
other people with the same problem that I had figuring out where they
could communicate with other people who use/work on gnome-pilot.

Meanwhile, I was wondering what would be the efficacy of producing a
temporary fix until you can figure out what changed in glib 2.2.2 that
caused all this havoc and figure out how or if that can be reconciled
(whether in gnome-pilot or in glib).  My gut instinct is to just roll
back to glib 2.2.1 until this gets sorted out, but I'm afraid that that
may break some other app that got updated and now requires glib 2.2.2.
The fix I envision is to release a temporary version of gnome-pilot that
links specifically to "glib-2.2.1.so" (by that name or any name other
than just "libglib-2.0.so") so that gnome-pilot can coexist with other
apps that require glib 2.2.2.

My apologies if you've already been working on this.  I haven't had time
to read all the messages on the list archive.  I'm not working right now
and have lots of free time, so please let me know if there's any way I
can help.

--- End Message ---