gnome-pim-conduits and appointment times

Greetings,

Quite a while ago (eleven months and two days, to be exact), there was mention on this list of a patch to fix the bug where all appointments synched from gnomecal to the Palm appear as "all-day" appointments, with no time.

That patch still hasn't made it to release, making gnome-pim-conduits still unusable, at least for gnomecal syncing.

Any ideas on when this will get fixed?

<sob story> It's bad enough that evolution doesn't support upgrades from gnomecal -- breaking compatibility with the previous generation of GNOME PIM software is a really bad precedent to set. But I had hoped to be able to use the gnome-pilot parts to transfer my years of gnomecal data indirectly into evolution via a Palm. Alas, those hopes are fading, nobody at all seems to care about us old faithful but now obsolete gnomecal users actually keeping our data. :'-( </sob story>

(Re-posted for roughly the third time partly in reply to Emmanoil's assertion that all is hunky-dory with Debian woody, GNOME 1.4, gnomecal and gnome-pilot, all of which I'm using to no avail.)

I'd investigate a patch myself, but on something as complicated as gnome-pilot, it's likely to need to fix several disparate bits of source code, and since mention of such a patch was made so long ago...

Thanks,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>