Pilot-link vs gpilotd (Tungsten problems)

Hello.

Thank you for all your efforts in making the palmpilot work on the linux
system!!

I have recently rebuilt my kernel for the new Tungsten model. After some trial
and error pilot-link is now happily talking to the Tungsten.  The thing is
that I am using Evolution and thus gpilotd, but gpilotd will not recognize
the Tungsten at all.

I thought that when pilot-link worked so will gpilotd, if they are built
together?

System:
Linux Mandrake 9.0, pilot-link 0.11.3, gnome-pilot 0.1.65 (pilot-link and
gnome-pilot comes "out of the box" from the distribution).

Do somebody have the same problem (and even better, the solution...)

Halfdan