Re: Patch : enhance usb detection

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 11:59, Frederic Crozat wrote:
The following patches is from Mandrake 9.0 package of gnome-pilot..

It is needed because on our system (which are using hotplug), there is a
big time slot between /proc/bus/usb/devices initial modification (ie
when hotsync is pressed) and when /proc/bus/usb/devices contains the
"Palm handheld" string which is used by gpilotd to detect hotsync has
been pressed..
Any ideas on why this delay is so long?  I've made the same change to get things working on my host, but a 10sec sleep is really horrible.

Cheers,
    -mik

Michael Thome      Distributed Systems and Logistics
BBN Technologies
10 Moulton St, Cambridge MA 02138

phone: +1 617 873 1853
email: mthome bbn com