Re: Identifying user

Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
Has anyone managed to solve the problem with syncing to an USB Visor
stopping at

"Identifying user"

? I remember from about ½ a year ago I had these problems which  never
got solved. I've been in KDE since but would very much love to get
Evolution syncing with my Visor.

/M.

I had similar problems. This is my checklist of things to be working before sync works:

lsmod must list visor and usbserial.

/proc/bus/usb must contain files

001  002  devices  drivers

if not,
mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb

then ps must produce an entry for gpilotd,

make sure pilot hot-sync applet is in your panel,

then if dialog pops up, but hangs,

try restart daemon from panel applet.

If this still fails, you should look at ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/conduit* which should end in a number matching your pilot-id.

If their is none, then you have no pilot-id.

You may have to re-run the druid to establish one. Also, look at you /var/log/messages file to see the conversation with the pilot for other clues.

Hope this helps.

--
Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
	18 Candlewood Cr, Toronto, ON M3J 1G8