Re: wrong packet type on queue

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Sean DuVally wrote:

> I am just setting up my Visor Deluxe on RedHat 7.2, and I got it to sync
> with no problem once, but now I keep getting this error
>
> wrong packet type on queue
>
> And it won't sync, I tried jpilot, and the Gnome applet, but just keep
> getting this error. Sometimes the pilot says that the sync went fine,
> but nothing is updated, and I get an error saying that the palm
> disconnected the synk in my terminal.
>    I'm using /dev/pilot which is linked to /dev/ttyS1 (2nd serial port)
> chmod to 666. I am using the gnome-pilot that came Ximian-Gnome on
> RedHat 7.2 (I don't know which version).
> All help would be GREATLY appreciated. I had this all working great on
> RH6.2, but its failing miserably here.

I sometimes get this error when I try to use pilot-xfer when gpilotd is
allready using the port. Make sure that you have no stale gpilotd
instances, and that nothing else is using the port.

    Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55 76
 All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a snowboarder
        Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!