Re: Necessary Permissions in /dev

Daniel Lyddy wrote:

I have a Handspring Visor Deluxe running PalmOS 3.1H. It is connected via USB to my workstation, which is running a stock Mandrake 8.2 distribution, with the following RPMs installed:

None of the sync functions want to work unless I set the owner of /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 to be the current user. On a multi-user system this is clearly unworkable.

Don't know about Mandrake, but on Red Hat, you can put some magic in /etc/security/console.perms to make the console owner own the appropriate device. It's part of the pam package.

See `man console.perms`.

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

    "They already think i'm crazy here... I need to be to keep my
     sanity."
        -Angela Laviano