how do I malsync from gnome-pilot?

Hi,

I'm using gnome-pilot as distributed with Ximian, and I've compiled
malsync.  Both work, but I would like to make Avantgo sync via
gnome-pilot - currently I have to pause the gnome-pilot daemon and run
malsync by hand.  Is there a howto that describes this?

If this isn't possible, is there a way to cause the gnome-pilot daemon
to pause from the command line?  Then I could wrap a script around
malsync that pauses gnome-pilot, run malsync, and then unpause
gnome-pilot.

Thanks,

Damon.