Re: gnome-pim-conduits CVS?

* C. Michael McCallum (cmmccallum home com) [010923 22:21]:

I looked at my post again, and I decided I needed some sleep. :)

First off, I should state that I'm running LinuxPPC on a 400MHz G3 laptop,
kernel 2.4.10pre10.  I have used red-carpet quite happily now since it's
inception, but now it is failing me.  This isn't a ximian-gnome list, but
suffice to say that when I went to the 1.4.0.1, all hell broke loose. Some
control-center menu items are duplicated.  If I use the ximian gnome-pilot
packages, the first items I see are "*MISSINGNAME*, twice, then "Pilot
Conduits" then "Pilot Link" then "HTML Viewer".  These entries also appear
further down, in their proper place (for example, for the Pilot things,
under "Peripherials").  I have 'bug-buddied' this one.

If I use my own gnome-pilot rpms, The only duplicated/strange entry is "HTML
Viewer".

Under the ximian rpms, I get the same effect under gnomecc whether I select
"Pilot Link" or "Pilot Conduits", i.e., the "Pilot Link" options show.  When
I use my own gnome-pilot rpms, under "Pilot Conduits", I get the conduit
selection window, but no conduits.  SO, I reasoned that for whatever reason,
the ximian rpms were hosed, and that is why I am trying to get the gnome-pim
stuff built up.

> "We" as in ximian, right?  And what packages do you mean, evolution?  Well,
> I upgraded my glibc to 2.2, and redcarpet barfs now.  Probably my fault, but
> I can't even start fresh with the 'go-gnome' script because of my glibc-2.2.
> This is something I don't understand:  evolution-0.13 requires glibc-2.2, but
> it seems the ximian redcarpet isn't setup for glibc-2.2.  Or am I merely
> mistaken? ;)
>
> The ximian rpms for evolution won't
> build for me either:
>
> merckx [~] <1>sudo rpm -Uvh evolution-0.13-ximian.7.ppc.rpm
> Password:
> Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
>    1:evolution              error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/lib/evolution/camel-providers/0.13/libcamelsmtp.so.0.0.0;3baebcee:
> cpio: MD5 sum mismatch

Has anyone else had a problem with the ppc.rpm of evolution-0.13?
If not, what package provides the MD5 checks?  Perhaps that is my problem.

Cheers,

Mike
--
C. Michael McCallum         |  "That may be one tough nut to crack,
Associate Professor         |        but I am one determined