Re: The backup conduit mangles important data base info.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:50:36AM -0200, Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I may have found a very, very, *very* nasty bug in gnome-pilot. It
> seems the backup conduit is mangling the backed up data bases. For the
> "standard" applications, the categories information is lost. Beyond
> losing this info, it makes the pilot crash badly if I try to restore
> the LaucherDB data base.

This just happened to me the other day! I too thought it was a problem
with my Visor. I had done a hard reset to clear up some problems I was
having. After restoring my backups with gnome-pilot, however, I
noticed the following problems:
- Launcher database was corrupted and would crash the Visor.
- Categories in the standard applications (Memo, Address, etc.) were
lost.
- The CheckIt Lite (a freeware ToDo program) database was corrupted
and would crash the Visor.
- The CryptInfo (a password manager) database was corrupted. It
wouldn't crash the Visor, but CryptInfo would complain of a corrupt database
and exit.

I was using Ximian's gnome-pilot 0.1.61 for RH7.1 with a Visor Deluxe
synching through a serial cradle.

gary

--
gbpeck attglobal net