RE: building gnome-pilot

Oy..

>Can someone please point me to some good instructions for building
>gnome-pilot?  I've never built a package before, but I've seen

So I assume that you have everything gnome installed. This also
depends on whether or not you have the -devel packages installed,
so if you installed from rpm's, you'll have to find the matching -devel
rpms. Eg. if you have glib-1.2.8 installed, you'll also need
glib-devel-1.2.8 to build a gnome pacakge. Also you'll need the
following packages ; libtool, automake, autoconf, gob.

Then you get gnome-pilot from cvs,
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html describes how to get
packages from cvs, but the short version is to type :
export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome'
cvs login  (no password, just press enter at the prompt)
cvs -z3 co gnome-pilot

Now cd into gnome-pilot, and type ./autogen.sh, and hope that it
completes. If it fails, it could be because of a missing devel package
for something that gnome-pilot needs

Devel packages that I can think of that you'll need :
glib-devel
gtk+-devel
gnome-libs-devel
gnome-core-devel
ORBit-devel
pilot-link-devel
libxml-devel

And ;
glade
libglade
automake
autoconf
libtool
gob

It's painfull, isn't it ? But one done, you should have less trouble
grabbing things from cvs and trying them.

/dev/eskil

Få din egen webmail på http://mail.sol.dk - gratis og med dig overalt!