Re: How do i access a file with *.tar on the end?

tar -xvf filename.tar

this will extract the file. Tarballs are compressed data (similar to a zip file). I can't imagine any distribution not having tar so you shouldn't have to worry about getting the program.

--Patrick

Bentley Brook wrote:

I downloaded the gpalmdoc, v0.5 off of the internet
but i don't have access to it since it is a file of
type *.tar.  How can i access it?  What program do i
need?

Brook Bentley